Thursday, October 07, 2004

A few words on another 'old' profession

There has been much talk of offshoots of the oldest profession but there has been little mentioned about our involement in another old and important profession - teaching. For me (Ry), the chance to share the joy of music with hundreds of kids is one that makes me feel both honoured and humbled. They are so damn talented and they dig music for the sole reason of 'fun'. They groove and shake spontaneously and soak up songs with such a voracity that I am forced to keep my ideas fresh. Another wicked thing is that I can be a total goose and jump around and hoot, roar and hollar to my hearts content and the kids actually dig it. I can also indulge my scary side and be Mr Stern to varying degrees of success. At the moment, it's a relatively new world so I have lots of energy for it - it may not last for long but as I'm not rocking up five days a week at the same joint I am hoping to avert the drudgery.

I have come across some inspired and inspiring mentors and I am learning a lot and I hope to be an inspiring mentor to the chilluns'. go you little tackers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Melbourne | Blogs
<< ? Japan # >>