Friday, October 15, 2004

Hot date - A tale in Pictures

Ok - I have figured out how to attach pics from my camera onto this here site - how exciting! As Ryan and I never see each other any more, him starting early and me working late, each Friday night we go out on a date - It's wonderful to catch up and we just explore...

Here are some shots from the last 2 Fridays - I hope you enjoy (tanoshinde ne!) I started Japanese lessons today, looking forward to actually understanding the world around me.

portrait
Isn't this weird! This guy drew this for us in 15 mins and the artwork is amazing, but how weird is it? You no longer need to struggle to imagine what Ryan would look like if he was Japanese - nor what I would look like if I ran into the back of a truck! I think it looks like a huge billboard, which is cool...



Ryan big
Then Ryan drank a strange brew and became a giant man and he ripped off the billboard of our monger selves and held it up as if it was a postcard...Man, Japan is crazy!!



Ryan with weird guys

We met this crew in a mall - lord knows what they were selling, but they were happy to pose with the Ryster.



fire guy
Ok this guy was honestly cooking bonito fish in a small fire using hay outside in a busy, crowded alley just off one of the most hip happening streets in the whole of Osaka..Just going retro style and grilling that fish in the oldest of old school ovens...amazing



kabuki
Dammit! Why can't I have loads of yen so I can go inside the grand kabuki and actually watch a performance, rather than standing out the front taking pictures of its name up in lights...any offers of assistance for my cultural expansion fund?



kids
Some of you have already seen this - but I think it is a total winner..If only it was taken on a bigger format!



cats
This is a window display in a small noodle and okonomiyaki joint..marvellous

I realised there are no pics of me, except for the messed up manga rendition, so by the magical powers of technology I have taken a photo right this second at 2.00am in the net cafe where I am writing this - here is me, a bit wan and pale, and suddenly freezing (summer left in the space of 48 hours)...love to you all from the orange vinyl chair!



me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Melbourne | Blogs
<< ? Japan # >>