Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Honourable Blog

Hi there lovely people. It's Ryryry here. My literary trollop has been conspicuously absent of late which I humbly apologise for. Perhaps a more contextual way to apologise would be to say ' dear honourable friends and ever benevolent and loving family, I am sure that my notable lack of words has inconvenienced you all very greatly and that you have no doubt spent many nights pondering the grave disappointment in your ever compassionate hearts. I am of course completely unworthy of your honourable forgiveness but I beg of you to read on and set aside your honourable pain, albeit pertinent and just. I am humbly sorry.' Yes that would be a better way to say it. I should also promptly disembowl myself and be glad that I have preserved my honourable honour in deaths gruesome release. ehehehehehehe. silly language. all these O's in front of everything, a politeness built into the lilting ebb and flow of language signifying the Confucian ideals of pilial fealty and respect for group harmony, or simply put, the 'wa'. Wa. WA WA WA. That's a lot of honourably harmonious honorifics. Hmmmm.

So where have we left off... Well I am into a bit of a routine now with my teaching - every little bugger I teach can joyously wail 'Kookaburra sits in the Old Gum Tree' at the tops of their lungs and throw in a bit of 'It's a Small World After All' and numerous other brilliantly 'wa'ish tunes and some hearty whacking of tambourines and castanets and you've got yourself a wholesome good time. I am digging that stuff for sure.

We are snug as critters in our new abode and our burgeoning cactus garden is the stuff of a cartoon character's honourable buttock's nightmare. We are still a bit bummed over the fact that we are two ships in the night when it comes to our work schedules but we are trying to make sure we get some quality time to do Japo things and music things.

I have been jamming with some dudes. Some good players but most people play it pretty straight here - either that or so damn far out that your ear drums bleed - so I'm looking forward to meeting some more people and sucking their musical sap.

Kimba has been not so well of late, recovering from severe pharangitis, which has been honourably and honestly highly poo-ey. I hate to see her sick. But she is on the mend now and in true White Lion form she will bounce back and be on the bawdy bandwagon again for more fabulous Grimba adventures. YAY!

By the way, I had a great birthday and thanks to those of you who sent me kind words via the guestbook, email and snail mail. I love you all. A quarter of a century hey?

J'a mata ne. MAIDO!

RYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Melbourne | Blogs
<< ? Japan # >>